Counselling for Teens
Young people experience stress everyday. Most teens experience more stress when they perceive a situation as dangerous, difficult, or painful and they do not have the resources to cope.
Some sources of stress for teens might include:
• school demands and frustrations
• Low Self-Esteem (negative thoughts and feelings about themselves)
• problems with friends and relationships
• unsafe living environment/neighborhood
• separation or divorce of parents
• chronic illness or severe problems in the family
• death of a loved one
• moving or changing schools
• taking on too many activities or having too high expectations
• family financial problems
Some teens become overloaded with stress. When it happens, inadequately managed stress can lead to anxiety, withdrawal, aggression, physical illness, or poor coping skills.
Andrea is committed to respecting and empowering teens in a safe, caring and non-judgmental way. She assists them to discover and develop their own inner resources and strengths.
Thank you so much for being such a kind and compassionate therapist. Our community is so fortunate to have you working with our children and teens. I highly recommend!"